Bad Side Of The Moon - Elton John Forum

Nuovo album piano, basso e batteria prodotto da T Bone Burnett !!!, Registrazioni gennaio 2012

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 19:40     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Snookeroo (uno dei critici più cattivi dell'ultimo Elton) su CW. Riequilibriamo, e sentiamo l'altra campana, se no il Capo ci inonda con la negatività.

This is Elton's best album in 30 years.

I don't say that lightly. I'm one of EJ's toughest critics. But this is what I've been waiting years for.
Know how I've been bitching about the songs character? The snippets were deceiving -- this album gushes with individual character.
Yeah, I know a lot of the songs are in the same key, blah, blah - but there is a ton of variety here - not only between songs, but actually within the songs.

In my opinion, there's not a dog on the whole thing. And the best surprise is that the songs I thought I wouldn't like are some of the best. I couldn't stand the snippet of "Take This Dirty Water", but damned if that isn't one hell of a song!

"Home Again" is my favorite, but probably because that really touches a personal chord for me right now.

"A Town Called Jubilee" is just incredible - what a hook.

"The Ballad of Blind Tom" - how anyone can like "Ticking", and not like this is beyond me.

"Can't Stay Alone Tonight" - totally unexpected. Not what I expected at all. Delightful twists and turns! "Things have to change - and they might" (they have! Yay!)

"Voyeur" - delightfully quirky song. One of those songs where the lyrics and music are incongruent with extraordinary results.

"New Fever Waltz" - Dream #4, in my opinion.

"Mexican Vacation" - absolutely raucous and infectious.

"The Diving Board" - Elton at his coolest.

Love, love, love the lyrics on this album from start to finish. Hell, even the album artwork is fantastic.

Bravo, Reg, bravo.

view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 20:30     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Altri due + su Crazy Water

This is the album I've waited 38 long years for. Yes, the snippets were deceptive; this is not boring and samey old Elton. Yes, almost every song has its individual character, a delightful surprise, shifts and lovely little musical additions, reasons to smile, and the title track is certainly Elton at his coolest. I didn't think he had that voice in him. Extraordinary! There's real love and warmth has gone into this, absolutely not resting on worn laurels. And it all fits together so well. Credit to T Bone too.
Edited 1 time by jcdavies 40 minutes ago.

I think the album is amazing! And I agree with Snookeroo... many of those clips were deceiving. I was pleasantly surprised by a couple of songs that I thought I would NOT care for after hearing the clip - namely "Can't Stay Alone Tonight," and "Oceans Away" - the former going in places I did not expect, and the latter having blown me away at the gorgeous bridge! I LOVE "Oscar Wilde Gets Out" and "The Ballad Of Blind Tom." Love the piano work in both... I cannot stop listening to "My Quicksand," which in my opinion seems the most "experimental" for lack of a better word, and the lyrics are pure Taupin gold! I also agree with another poster (sorry I can't remember who) who noted that "Voyeur" comes pretty close to capturing the "classic" Elton sound! My expectations of this album have been exceeded and I will happily walk in to my local retailer to pick up my deluxe copy on Tuesday, September 24th!
Edited 1 time by sideshow 7 minutes ago.

madmanbb
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 20:31     +1   -1

a occhio e croce:
7.5 per l'album, 9.5 per la produzione di Burnett, 7.0 per l'ispirazione, 9.0 per il piano di Elton!

mansfield
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 20:32     +1   -1

non sono il solo ad apprezzare Quicksand :)

Il cantato da "suicidio" detto alla Beppe è in piena sintonia con il senso di inquietudine che vuol trasmettere la canzone :P

madmanbb
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 20:51     +1   -1

chiamala inquietudine!

----------------------------------------

ma Jubilee suona come una produzione di Pat Leonard!
pensatela dopo Emperor ...

--------------------------------------------------

indovinate a chi sta parlando ...

Paul Smith John
, I think you have made it quite clear that you don't like T Bone and his musicians. The important thing is Elton does and if you see his message on eltonjohn.com he is proud of The Diving Board and so he should be for still recording and doing things different at his age, its called being creative.

I do feel sorry for you that you don't seem to be able to enjoy The Union or The Diving Board because of T Bone. Maybe your dislike has been a distraction which is a shame.

I think you have made your personal opinion clear now and to carry it on doesn't really add any value now. It's been discussed, you don't like T Bone or his Muscians, that's fine, but lets move on now if we can.

britomarti
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 21:00     +1   -1

con my quicksand mi sembra che ci sia un improvviso calo

view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 21:07     +1   -1

mttclv

Group:

CITAZIONE (madmanbb @ 10/9/2013, 20:18) 
CITAZIONE (britomarti @ 10/9/2013, 20:17) 
Com'è il nuovo album di Samuele Bersani?

probabilmente meglio! ;)

l'ho ascoltato velocemente una volta sola, ma musicalmente non mi dice nulla di particolare.... dopo caramella smog, è una continua tentazione verso linee melodiche per me troppo "discorsive".
Ma tornando a EJ, riascoltando ad esempio l'inizio di The Ballad Of Blind Tom, mi fa pensare ad un assemblaggio della parte di piano su prevedibili giri armonici, che inevitabilmente risulta un po' immobile e poco sostanziosa.
Comunque.. boh.. sono tanti gli aspetti che mi hanno allontanato dall'ultimo EJ....
Ciao, MT.

Edited by mttclv - 10/9/2013, 22:16

Web  Top
FPMalvone
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 21:11     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (madmanbb @ 10/9/2013, 21:51) 
Paul Smith John
, I think you have made it quite clear that you don't like T Bone and his musicians. The important thing is Elton does and if you see his message on eltonjohn.com he is proud of The Diving Board and so he should be for still recording and doing things different at his age, its called being creative.

I do feel sorry for you that you don't seem to be able to enjoy The Union or The Diving Board because of T Bone. Maybe your dislike has been a distraction which is a shame.

I think you have made your personal opinion clear now and to carry it on doesn't really add any value now. It's been discussed, you don't like T Bone or his Muscians, that's fine, but lets move on now if we can.

L'amico PP o Davey Johnstone (sempre che non siano la stessa persona :D)

madmanbb
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 21:13     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (britomarti @ 10/9/2013, 22:00) 
con my quicksand mi sembra che ci sia un improvviso calo

un crollo verticale!

britomarti
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 21:18     +1   -1

esagerato!!

madmanbb
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 21:28     +1   -1

come esagerato?!? è degna di finire nei peggiori album di Elton!

comunque c'è un problema di base, nei miei gusti la n°2 e la n°4 sono talmente aldisopra di tutto il resto che continuo ad ascoltare solo quelle!

view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 22:19     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

CITAZIONE (deacon Lee @ 10/9/2013, 11:48) 
E Voyeur che è altrettanto bellissima, ma in modo completamente diverso, con una leggerezza e freschezza sconosciuta a tutte le canzoni dell'Elton moderno.

Parole Sante

madmanbb
view post Posted on 10/9/2013, 22:20     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (chloe22 @ 10/9/2013, 23:19) 
CITAZIONE (deacon Lee @ 10/9/2013, 11:48) 
E Voyeur che è altrettanto bellissima, ma in modo completamente diverso, con una leggerezza e freschezza sconosciuta a tutte le canzoni dell'Elton moderno.

Parole Sante

esagerata!

madmanbb
view post Posted on 11/9/2013, 07:23     +1   -1

Voyeur

I’m looking, I’m looking back
I’m trying to imagine this & that
The simple mathematics making up the mind
Insurance to protection from immediate collapse
I’m watching, I’m watching you
A voyeur from a different point of view
The solitary eye that I’ve been looking through
Committed to connecting the old ways to the new
And I see things through a curtain blowing back against the rain
Through the crack in a door that _____? its pain/t ?
And through every gap that gives away some secret in the dark
I come away with something to keep you in my heart.
I’m searching, I’m setting out to prove without a shadow of a doubt
The age old contradiction that _________ in the ________
A whisper in the dark has hold more truth than a shout
I’m waiting, I’m waiting for tell tale footsteps on the bedroom floor
A broken hearted lover simply looking for
relief that’s temporary from a dirty little war
And I see things from the ceilings of a hundred hotel rooms
From a satellite that’s bouncing off the moon
And from every telescope that’s told of sin of some place dark
I come away with something to keep you in my heart
And I see things from the highest _____ ? that looks directly in
Through a hall side light inside an ______ _________ ______?
And in every secret rendevouz where illicit lovers part
I come away with something to keep you in my heart
Wo-ah, Wo-ah, Wo-ah.

mansfield
view post Posted on 11/9/2013, 09:27     +1   -1

In Voyeur ci trovo un pò di Mansfield e Wouldn't have you any other way

1083 replies since 18/7/2011, 09:41   19569 views