Bad Side Of The Moon - Elton John Forum

Nuovo album piano, basso e batteria prodotto da T Bone Burnett !!!, Registrazioni gennaio 2012

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 15:09     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Va da sè che il primo imput verso una certa direzione la dà chi scrive le canzoni. Per fare un disco country/folk occorrono melodie che lo rendono possibile. Sfortunatamente Elton crea un paio di brani di questo tipo a disco.

view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 15:43     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

CITAZIONE (deacon Lee @ 24/7/2011, 16:09) 
Va da sè che il primo imput verso una certa direzione la dà chi scrive le canzoni. Per fare un disco country/folk occorrono melodie che lo rendono possibile. Sfortunatamente Elton crea un paio di brani di questo tipo a disco.

Ma in effetti io non lo vedrei poi tanto a fare un intero disco country folk...fatemi un esempio...

view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 17:48     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Se scrivesse in un sol colpo le seguenti 12 melodie, T Bone potrebbe realizzare il disco country folk. Con steel guitar, chitarra e basso acustici, fiddle (violino "country").

Emperor's New Clothes
Look Ma No Hands
Birds
Weight of the World
Porch Swing in Tupelo
Turn the Light Out When You Leave
Postcards from R. Nixon
I Must Have Lost It on the Wind
The Captain and the Kid
The Drover's Ballad
Jimmie Rodgers' Dream
A Dream Come True

view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 19:19     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

beh... un disco così mi piacerebbe e non poco... il suono di The Union più passa il tempo più mi convince, all'inizio lo sentivo troppo ovattato ma poi ho capito che era anche colpa di una mia "apparecchiatura"...

view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 19:44     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Sicuramente un "difetto" di Burnett è che produce dischi pensando più a un elite di esperti che al "popolo": e conseguentemente a livello sonoro richiedono impianti stereo importanti. Se li senti a basso bit rate con le cuffie in dotazione dalla Apple suonano da schifo.

busnada
view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 19:54     +1   -1

ecco almeno l'impianto importante ce l'ho!! :D mi manca solo l'orecchio!!! :woot:

view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 20:13     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

CITAZIONE (deacon Lee @ 24/7/2011, 20:44) 
Sicuramente un "difetto" di Burnett è che produce dischi pensando più a un elite di esperti che al "popolo": e conseguentemente a livello sonoro richiedono impianti stereo importanti. Se li senti a basso bit rate con le cuffie in dotazione dalla Apple suonano da schifo.

Mi sa che hai centrato il punto... non riuscivo a spiegarmi come un disco nuovo potesse suonare così, poi a furia di prove ho, pur senza avere esperienza in materia, capito il "problema"...
Che cos'è un basso bit rate?

view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 20:21     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Con basso bitrate si intende un mp3 molto compresso (quindi di bassa qualità).

Burnett a un certo punto faceva uscire i dischi su dvd audio per garantire un suono ancora più vicino a quello reale. E includeva un cd con gli mp3 già compressi come voleva lui. Poi ha dovuto rinunciare perchè le case discografiche non erano disposte a spendere denaro in un momento di grave crisi dell'industria discografica.

view post Posted on 24/7/2011, 20:33     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

CITAZIONE (deacon Lee @ 24/7/2011, 21:21) 
Con basso bitrate si intende un mp3 molto compresso (quindi di bassa qualità).

Burnett a un certo punto faceva uscire i dischi su dvd audio per garantire un suono ancora più vicino a quello reale. E includeva un cd con gli mp3 già compressi come voleva lui. Poi ha dovuto rinunciare perchè le case discografiche non erano disposte a spendere denaro in un momento di grave crisi dell'industria discografica.

Allora è esattamente quello che è accaduto a me avendolo importato come mp3 in un primo momento...inascoltabile...poi quando ho preso la versione deluxe ho fatto diverse prove e ho "risolto"il problema...
Questa meticolosità di Burnett me lo fa amare anche di più!!!!!

britomarti
view post Posted on 1/8/2011, 13:51     +1   -1

PNAU Re-Working Elton's Classic Tunes

Pnau's uplifting electro-pop comes approved by the piano man, writes Craig Mathieson.

It is, for Nick Littlemore at least, something of an average day. The Pnau frontman is in New York, where the previous night the new Cirque du Soleil extravaganza, Zarkana, for which he composed the music, premiered at Radio City Music Hall. In a few hours he will fly to Paris with his girlfriend, on the way to a brief holiday in Avignon, and then it's on to London to rehearse for Pnau's forthcoming Australian tour.

"I really like working. I enjoy it," says the former University of New South Wales student, who perpetually sounds slightly distracted, as if he can hear in his head the next song he will put together. "Everything feeds into everything for me."

Littlemore is best known as one half of Empire of the Sun - alongside Luke Steele - whose internationally successful 2008 album Walking on a Dream set a trend that's still being played out in electronic music. But it is to Pnau that he's dedicated much of his adult life. Formed as a club music duo with his school friend Pete Mayes in the late '90s, the group has evolved significantly across four albums, the most recent of which is Soft Universe.

The record toughens up and expands the pair's affinity for electronic grooves, making for strident, engorged, stadium-sized pop. Soft Universe is a kind of public journey, transforming the heartbreak Littlemore experienced at the beginning of the record's creation into a kind of sweeping, shared affirmation.

"It was a form of catharsis - making this record was therapy," he says. ''I tried to convince myself to be uplifting. To be down and to make down music has no point. We want to try and make positive music - we always have. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and my throat as well."
The album's key influence was ultimately Elton John, who Littlemore and Mayes met just after they relocated to London several years ago. The veteran superstar took the pair under his wing, signing them to his management company and, in essence, serving as the sounding board for Soft Universe.

Pnau would regularly fly out to wherever John was - whether Los Angeles, Orlando or New York - and play him their songs. In turn, he has trusted the pair with the master recordings of his extensive back catalogue, with Pnau to rework various classics for a new collection.
"We felt like part of the family then,'' Littlemore says. ''It was very special.We've never had that kind of close, trusting relationship with someone else before."

Littlemore himself has undergone change. His work ethic - stamina, Elton John told him, is crucial to building a career - has outlasted his former taste for hedonism and he no longer even drinks alcohol because it affects medication prescribed for an arthritic condition. Alongside the "patient" Mayes, he's thinking two or three albums ahead, having penned a batch of songs with Elton John and also having returned to Empire of the Sun.

"We've [Empire of the Sun] written eight, we'll probably write 80 songs," Littlemore says. "Luke's coming back to New York in late September and we'll keep rolling along. Hopefully we'll get a house in Cambodia or somewhere and set up a studio there to record. We've got to beat what we've done - I feel every record has to beat the last record."

http://eltonjohnnews.blogspot.com/2011/07/...on+John+News%29

view post Posted on 1/12/2011, 15:25     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Stando alle mie informazioni, salvo contrordini improvvisi o sempre possibili imprecisioni in quanto comunicatomi, Elton dovrebbe entrare in studio per la registrazione del nuovo disco, per due settimane nella seconda metà di gennaio. Con gli stessi musicisti di The Union.

mansfield
view post Posted on 1/12/2011, 16:36     +1   -1

ottima news

view post Posted on 1/12/2011, 16:38     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

Questa si che é una bella notizia!!!

madmanbb
view post Posted on 1/12/2011, 16:42     +1   -1

ottimo!

gerfar
view post Posted on 1/12/2011, 17:02     +1   -1